An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to
transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account,
money market account, or a personal line of credit, which may be less expensive
than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
- What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions
unless you ask us to (see below):
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We pay overdrafts at our discretion which means we do not guarantee
that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
- What fees will I be charged if FNBT.COM pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of
each time we pay an overdraft, with a limit of 6 charges per day.
- What if I want FNBT.COM Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and
everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card
transactions, complete the information above and click the button to opt in.